Updated: January 15 2012
Statement of Rights and Responsibilities
This Statement of Rights and Responsibilities (""Statement"") governs our relationship with users and others who interact with Bookenda. By using or accessing Bookenda, you agree to this Statement.
We do our best to keep Bookenda safe, but we cannot guarantee absolute security. We need your help to do that, which includes the following commitments:
- You will not send or otherwise post unauthorized commercial communications (such as spam) on Bookenda.
- You will not collect users content or information, or otherwise access Bookenda using automated means (such as robots and spiders) without our permission.
- You will not engage in multi-level marketing or other pyramid-type schemes on Bookenda.
- You will not upload viruses or other malicious code.
- You will not solicit login information or access someone else’s account.
- You will not intimidate or harass other users.
- You will not post content that: incites hate or violence; is threatening, pornographic or contains nudity or gratuitous violence.
- You will not develop or operate any application that contains alcohol-related or other mature content (including advertisements) without appropriate age-based restrictions.
- You will not offer any contest or lottery (""promotions"") without the prior written consent of Bookenda. If we consent, you take full responsibility for the promotion, and will follow our promotions guidelines and all applicable laws.
- You will not use Bookenda to do anything illicit, illegal, malicious, or discriminatory.
- You will not do anything that could disable or otherwise impair the proper functioning of Bookenda, such as a denial of service attack.
- You will not facilitate or encourage any violations of this Statement.
Registration and account security
Bookenda users provide their real names and information, and we need your help to keep it that way. Here are some commitments you make to us relating to registering and maintaining the security of your account:
- You will not provide any false personal information on Bookenda, or create an account for someone else without that person’s permission.
- You will create only one personal profile.
- If we disable your account, you will not create another one without our permission.
- You will not use your personal profile for commercial purposes (such as selling your status update to an advertiser).
- You will not use Bookenda if you are under 13.
- You will not use Bookenda if you are a convicted sex offender and must register with local authorities.
- You will keep your contact information accurate and up-to-date.
- You will not share your password, (or in the case of developers, your secret key), let anyone else access your account, or do anything else that might jeopardize the security of your account.
- You will not transfer your account (including any page or application you administer) to anyone without first getting our written permission.
- If you select a username for your account, we reserve the right to remove it if we believe appropriate (such as when a trademark owner complains about a username that does not closely relate to a user’s actual name).
Protecting the rights of others
We respect the rights of others and ask you to do the same.
- You will not post content or take any action on Bookenda that infringes or violates the rights of others, or otherwise violates the law.
- We can remove any content or information you post on Bookenda if we believe that it violates this Statement.
- We provide you with tools to help you protect your intellectual property rights.
- If we remove your content for infringing someone else’s copyright, and you believe we removed it by mistake, you can appeal.
- If you repeatedly infringe other people’s intellectual property rights, we will disable your account when appropriate.
- You will not use our trademarks (including Bookenda, the Bookenda and the Bookenda logo), or any confusingly similar trademarks, without our written permission.
- You will not post anyone’s official documents or financial information on Bookenda.
- You will not identify non-users of Bookenda or send them emails without their consent.
Special provisions applicable to share links
If you include our Share Link button on your website, you must first obtain our permission.
Additional terms applicable to application and website developers/operators
If you are a developer or operator of a website or application using our platform, the following additional terms apply to you:
- You are responsible for your application and its content and all uses you make of the platform. This includes ensuring your application meets our policies.
- Your access to and use of data you receive from Bookenda will be limited as follows:
- You will only request data you need to operate your application.
- You will delete all data you receive from us concerning a user if the user asks you to do so, and will provide a mechanism for users to make such a request.
- You will not include user data you receive from us in any advertising.
- You will not directly or indirectly transfer any data you receive from us to (or use such data in connection with) any ad network, ad exchange, data broker, or other advertising-related service, even if a user consents to that transfer or use.
- We can limit your access to data.
- You will comply with all restrictions contained in our policies.
About advertisements on Bookenda
Our goal is to deliver ads that are beneficial not only to advertisers, but also to users. To that end, you agree to the following terms:
- You can use your privacy settings to limit how your name and profile picture may be associated with commercial or sponsored content that we put out. You give us permission to use your name and profile picture in connection with that content, subject to the limits you place.
- We do not give your content or information to advertisers without your consent.
- You understand that we may not always identify paid services and communications as such.
We can make changes to this Statement for legal or administrative reasons, or to correct an inaccurate statement. In such case, we will give you notice but not an opportunity to comment on the change(s).
If you violate the letter or spirit of this Statement, or otherwise create a potential legal liability for us, we can stop providing you with all or part of Bookenda.
- This Statement makes up the entire agreement between the parties regarding Bookenda, and supersedes any prior agreements.
- If any portion of this Statement is found to be invalid or unenforceable, the remaining portion will remain in full force and effect.
- If we fail to enforce any of this Statement, it will not be considered a waiver.
- Any amendment to or waiver of this Statement must be made in writing and signed by us.
- You will not transfer any of your rights or obligations under this Statement to anyone else without our consent.
- All of our rights and obligations under this Statement are freely assignable by us in connection with a merger, acquisition, sale of our assets, by operation of law or otherwise.
- Nothing in this Statement will prevent us from complying with the law.
- This Statement does not confer any third party beneficiary rights.